Call for entries
Artists from Australia and overseas are invited to enter The Mildura BMW Australian Print Triennial Prize, a major part of the first Mildura BMW Australian Print Triennial to be held from Friday October 30 until Sunday November 1, 2015. The theme of the Triennial is ‘Challenging, Exploring, Educating’.
The prize is acquisitive and reflects the commitment to printmaking of its host the Art Vault. The finalists for the Australian Print Triennial Prize will be hung in the two main galleries at The Art Vault.
There will be a major print prize worth over $10,000.
This will be made up of:
- a $5,000 cash prize
- a three week residency, three week exhibition and access to printmaking facilities at The Art Vault
- an article about the winning artist in Imprint Magazine
- a years free subscription to Imprint Magazine
Conditions of Entry
- Entries must be submitted with completed entry form and non-refundable entry fee of $40 for each artwork
- Work must have been completed since January 2014
- Several works may be entered but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and fee
- Finished 2D work must not exceed 190 x 190 cm, 3D works must not exceed 1m x 1m
- Entrants must provide high resolution digital images of each artwork in JPG format (1-2mg) clearly labelled with the artist’s name, date and title of work, medium, and size – to be submitted on disc or memory stick with postal applications and sent as JPG attachments with emailed applications – entries close 5pm August 28th 2015
- Finalists must agree to their work being reproduced in the exhibition catalogue and other promotional material. Entries must be original work made, printed and signed by the artist
- This is an acquisitive prize
- August 28th 2015: Applications close
- September 21st 2015: Finalists and all applicants notified of successful entries
- September 25th 2015: Catalogue image and information finalised
- October 16th 2015: Finalists work delivered to The Art Vault by 5pm
- October 28th – November 16th 2015: Exhibition Dates
- October 30th 2015: Opening event and winner announced at The Art Vault
- November 17th 2015: Demount
- are responsible for transport and insurance costs of their artwork to and from The Art Vault. The Art Vault is responsible for the insurance of artwork while on the gallery premises
- must provide The Art Vault with a completed artist’s statement (up to 300 words) within a fortnight of being notified of selection
- should indicate if their work will be available for sale in the exhibition within a fortnight of being notified that they are a finalist. If the work is for sale then the artist must clearly
- indicate the artist’s asking price. A commission of one third plus GST will be added to this price.
- are responsible for arrangements for the return of their artwork at the close of the exhibition. Any artwork still remaining uncollected a fortnight after the end of the exhibition will become the property of The Art Vault.
- Artworks can be submitted either framed on unframed. Framed works must be supplied with D rings.
Sasha Grishin AM FAHA – renowned art historian and Emeritus Professor of Art History at the Australian National University.
- completed and signed entry form for each work, (hard copy or email attachment)
- hi resolution image of each work (1-2mg) on CD, memory stick or email attachment with artist’s name, title and date of work, medium and size
- entry fee –
direct deposit: BSB 013725 Account number 2901 71616;
cheque payable to Australian Print Triennial sent to P.O.Box 5113, Mildura Victoria Australia 3502;
credit card – details filled in on payment form
Further enquiries – The Art Vault, Phone +61 3 5022 0013 email: firstname.lastname@example.org